Monday, January 28, 2013

Week thirteen


Deployment Recap:

Emotional: Doing well- the boat is in port so it's been nice to actually talk to and see Lyle a few days in a row. It's still hard being apart and we aren't even halfway done yet, so that still makes me sad. 

Physical: Feeling awesome- running, CrossFitting, eating right- I'm seeing some awesome changes in my body and I love them!

Communication: Lots of emails, phone calls, and FaceTime. Time zones are tough- he's a day apart and some hours, but I'm more than willing to wake up at any hour of the night to talk. (and I have been)

Something Fun You did This week: I spent all day on Saturday with my friend T, who I used to live across the street from on Hickam. We went garage sale-ing, ate lunch, got pedicures AND explored the craft shop on base. Lots of fun! 

What are you looking forward to next week:  Figuring out some big travel plans. Also, I'm observing the training program at work in preparation for taking over very soon!

What made you happy this week: The boat being in port. Hearing from Lyle so much. 

What made you sad/mad this week: I had plans to go hiking and looking for whales on the West side of the island, but the person I was supposed to go with cancelled. Maybe next weekend instead. 

What do you miss this week: Soda. I haven't had Diet Soda since Sept 19th 2011, but suddenly I'm craving it like crazy. I want a Diet Dr. Pepper with Vanilla from Sonic. Bad. Good thing there's not a sonic for 4000 miles. 

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: San Francisco by the Mowgli's. It's on repeat as much as possible. 

Pictures from This week:

Feeding the Koi Fish at the Dole Plantation during my adventures on Saturday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment