Monday, December 24, 2012

Another week, another recap

Week 8, sorta kinda not really.  24 December, 1158 am, Gate 9 at the HNL airport

Deployment Recap: Christmas Eve, Airport Version

Emotional: I'm sad. I'm lonely. I'm tired. I miss everything about my husband. 

Physical: Feeling good- looking ahead to the new year and to new fitness goals. I just registered for the 2013 Honolulu Marathon. yup, I'm doing it again. 

Communication: Nada. Hopeful that there'll be a break in the silence eventually. This stuff is tough. 

Something Fun You did This week: Does missing my flight home count? Oh, no wait, that wasn't fun at allllll. It's been a pretty stressful week trying to figure out travel plans. Not a whole lot of fun happened...

What are you looking forward to next week: Being home with my mom and sister, seeing friends in Spokane, freezing in the cold weather but enjoying the change of climate for a couple days. 

What made you happy this week:  Friends that helped keep me calm and sane during times of high stress. Neighbors that take care of my beloved dog when I'm gone and treat her as one of their own. Adorable holiday cards from friends and family from all over the US. 

What made you sad/mad this week: I'm mad at myself for being so incredibly overwhelmed and un-organized that I mixed up my flight day and as a result sat on the island for an extra week when I could have been at home with my mom. 

What do you miss this week: Lyle being here to keep me sane. 

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: New Tegan and Sara, new Metric.

Pictures from this week: Amazing rainbows everywhere I went all week- 




1 comment: