Monday, December 10, 2012

Week VI



Deployment Recap:

Emotional: I’m all over the place right now. I’m on an absolute high after finishing the hardest thing I’ve ever put myself through physically. I’m happy, proud in shock, and sad all at the same time. I’m happy it’s over and I ran exactly the race I wanted to run. I’m proud of the 18 weeks I spent training for the race and not letting anything get me off track. I’m sad that it’s over. I’m sad to not have seen Lyle’s face at the end of the race. I’m sad that I haven’t heard from him in a few weeks to share the feelings of excitement and nerves before and after.

Physical: I have never felt better in my life- despite 2 sore spots (my right knee and the top of my left food). I slept for almost 12 hours last night and was a little stiff today, but I’m seriously considering some light running this week.

Communication: None. Lots of amazing support from family and friends has made life a lot better though. Thanks, everyone! 

Something Fun You did This week: Besides the marathon? I went to the North Shore with a friend who was visiting this weekend. We went to the Turtle Beach (no turtles on the beach, only in the surf) and had Shave Ice. It was good to be out in the “country”.

What are you looking forward to next week: The pace of life slowing down a little will be nice. I might try and go swimming also- it’s been a few months and I desperately miss the pool.

What made you happy this week:  Running across that finish line yesterday.

What made you sad/mad this week: Nothing really. Just missing my Sailor.

What do you miss this week: I miss celebrating Hanukkah with Lyle- we usually make Matzo Ball Soup and Latkes and light candles together. He loves Hanukkah.

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: I caught up on the most recent episodes of Whitney which was fun.

Pictures from This week:

Before the race- showing off my gear! 

Right as I saw my friends waiting at the finish line, I was SO excited! 

My finisher's bling- Official T-shirt, Medal and Shell Lei. Flower lei from my friends and my new necklace I bought myself as my finishing reward. I love it all and wore it proudly all afternoon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment