Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Week 7

Deployment Recap

Emotional:Last week I woke up sad more than once. It was partly due to the post-marathon feelings and partly because I miss my husband. I was able to get back to running on Friday and it helped regulate my feelings a lot. 

Physical: I tried running on Tuesday (48 hours post marathon) which was a big mistake- my right knee was screaming at me. I laid low for a few more days which helped a lot. I was able to do 2 easy, pain-free miles on Friday and 6 miles with my group on Sunday. 

Communication: Nothing. Won't be anything for a while. Gotta do what they gotta do. 

Something Fun You did This week: Had another beach day on Saturday- the surf was rough and the wind was high, but it was fun to play in the ocean and soak up some sun. Sunday was the farewell picnic for my running group as they go on hiatus until March. There were many amazing dishes shared and lots of good talk about our training and racing experiences. 

What are you looking forward to next week: Getting on a plane and going to spend time with my mom and sisters and friends. 

What made you happy this week: Recovering from the race and getting my life sorta back in order. 

What made you sad/mad this week: There was a meeting that wasn't so fun. 

What do you miss this week: I miss Olive Garden. Oh, you mean about my husband? I miss his wisdom and guidance- he will always help me to work through any problems or issues I have without feeling bossy or pushy. 

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: New music from lots of people is making me happy- I love internet radio. 

Pictures from This week: Here are some official marathon photos. I'm also taking pictures of the house finally and will do a full photo post of the house later today. 




Mile 7 with my running buddy Brian

Around Mile 16

Photobomb!!!  
Mile 22-ish. The last long, slow hill. 
Running up Diamond Head. That hill is tough. 
Finish Line! 

North Shore- Turtle Beach the day after the marathon.

North Shore Chicken



No comments:

Post a Comment