Monday, May 6, 2013

Week 27


Deployment Recap: It's all downhill from here...

Emotional: Happy. Loved. Stable. It was a great week.

Physical: Exhausted- I can’t figure out what it is, but I need to find some balance between running and CrossFit soon before I hit the higher mileage weeks and am too tired to do anything at all. I had a great, fast run on Tuesday night with a different local running group and then took a couple days off from everything. I got a massage on Friday which was heavenly. Then Saturday morning I ran a hard & fast 5k in honor of my birthday. It was fun.

Communication: Lots of phone calls and some FaceTime while the boat was in their final port visit of the deployment. I can’t express how fun it was to hear from Lyle on my birthday.

Something Fun You did This week: EVERYTHING WAS FUN! Massage, Free concert on Friday night, 5k, birthday dinner, running group picnic, IronMan3 on Sunday. I had a great week and weekend.

What are you looking forward to next week: My birthday party on the beach!

What made you happy this week: My amazing, loving family and friends.

What made you sad/mad this week: Losing a family member was tough, even from far away.

What do you miss this week: My dentist. I know that’s weird, but I loved going to see her twice a year. I need a better office out here. I also miss our vet.

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: More Macklemore.

Pictures from This week:
Rascal shows his love with biting. We are working on this.

Birthday 5k! The sash was appreciated by my fellow racers. 

Birthday dinner! 

The view from our table at my birthday dinner. 

At IronMan 3d IMAX with friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment