Monday, May 20, 2013

Are we there yet?


Deployment Recap: 29 weeks is a long, long time.

Emotional: Same as last week- waves of all sorts of emotions. Just gotta choose which waves to surf and which ones to let wash over me, being careful not to let them crash on my head or catch me with my back to the ocean.

Physical: Great. Working on knowing my limits and respecting them more.I bought new running shoes which made for some happy feet this week also.

Communication: There’s email. It’s nice. 

Something Fun You did This week: North Shore Road trip on Friday was a blast.

What are you looking forward to next week: It being over? And lots of projects and things on my to-do list to keep me busy. Rookie Blue starts this week also, which is one of my favorite shows.

What made you happy this week: Playing tourist/tour guide with some friends from Maui and Kauai was SO much fun.

What made you sad/mad this week: The sheer number of weeks it has been is enough to get to me. But we are almost there.

What do you miss this week: Watching TV shows with Lyle.

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: 22 by Taylor Swift. That makes 2 or 3 songs from her that have made the recap this deployment I think. No shame.

Pictures from This week:

Waimea Bay, on the North Shore. We stopped and hopped in the water on Friday. 
The view from Wendy's room at Turtle Bay. It was AMAZING. 
I love the pool. 
Watching surfers while poolside. 

Back at Turtle Bay Sunday afternoon for some more pool time. Life is good. 

The "new" front yard- I love how this project turned out. 






No comments:

Post a Comment