Monday, April 1, 2013

Twenty-two down.


Deployment Recap: 22. Wow. That's a long time. 


Emotional: Fine until it’s Saturday, Sunday or night time. Then I miss him the most.

Physical: Doing just fine. Running, CrossFitting, eating well. Finally suffered my first running-related toenail casualty, but I’ll spare you all the details.

Communication: None. As it always seems to be.

Something Fun You did This week: I had a great weekend- quiet night on Friday, met up with a friend from college on Saturday and went kayaking in Kailua. Then on Sunday I ran and went to the beach with more friends and went and saw the new Oz movie Sunday evening. It was a gorgeous, sunny weekend and I made the most out of it.

What are you looking forward to next week: Hopefully starting something new in the field of employment.

What made you happy this week: Friends who are there to keep me busy and have fun with makes the time apart much more enjoyable.

What made you sad/mad this week: The silence. I’m sick of having an invisible husband. And my close friend Tawnya moved home to Idaho this week as her husband is retiring from the Air Force in April. I'll miss her a lot. 

What do you miss this week: I miss Lyle’s stories. He’s always got something fun to tell me about.

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: I found an old mix CD from college that has a bunch of songs I haven’t listened to in 5 or 6 years and it’s been on repeat in the car lately.

Pictures from This week:

Weather Board at the kayak rental shop.
Landing on Flat Island, looking towards Lanikai beach. 

Exploring Flat Island. It's a bird sanctuary, but we didn't see any birds. 
Watching the USS Chafee come back home, alongside the Battleship Missouri.  
The Battleship Missouri as seen from 2 minutes from my door. I live in the most amazing place. 

USS Arizona Memorial, viewed from Ford Island. 
Sunday on the beach with my friend Dan. Bellows Beach is so amazing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment