Monday, February 11, 2013

Week XV


Deployment Recap: week 15, been doing this so long it feels almost normal.

Emotional: I’m okay. Just okay.

Physical: Great, until today (more later). I ran that same big hill from last week again and it was much easier this time. I pushed myself and it felt great.

Communication: None.

Something Fun You did This week: A few things- Saturday I went to the North Shore to watch big waves and that afternoon I went to the South Shore to a running group friend’s birthday party on the beach. It was a blast to  meet new people, play beach volleyball and boogie board with 8 other people all at once.

What are you looking forward to next week: I start my first New-hire training group on Friday. That will be exciting. Then, on Monday, the 18th I’m also running the Great Aloha Run again. 8 miles of fun from Aloha Tower to Aloha Stadium! 

What made you happy this week: Flowers! Lyle had flowers sent to me and they are perfect.

What made you sad/mad this week: I had a really bad day at work today- I work with a highly physical and aggressive kiddo and today was a tough day. He actually was in a great mood and was compliant, but he needed a lot of physical activity. Unfortunately this involved him randomly jumping on/at me, hitting me, pushing and trying to punch me. For 3 hours. I wasn’t able to block every attempt or protect myself and as a result I’m really sore right now.

What do you miss this week: Having Lyle here to take care of me when I’m not having a great day. Celebrating Lyle's birthday with him. He was gone last year, too. 

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: Still haven’t watched TV or a movie (in months?), but lots of new music. Currently loving the brand new song from the Postal Service,  new-to-me music from Cloud Nothings, The Early November, Pentimento, The Menzingers and a lot more.

Pictures from This week:

Pollock-style painting at work on Friday

North Shore Parking Lot
North Shore Wind Farm! Many of you know my affinity for wind farms! 
Happy birthday to Jess! We met during a 16 mile marathon training run last fall. She's awesome




dogdog

He was thrilled I let him sleep in the room overnight. 

The view on the way home today. 

The beautiful flowers Lyle sent! 

Phó feast for days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment