Monday, February 25, 2013

Recap- Texas Version


Deployment Recap: Week 17
Emotional: Feeling good-I had a wild week last week with ups and downs, more ups than downs though. I've been in Texas since Friday and been happier here than I have been in months. 
Physical: A-MA-ZING. Another Personal Best in the running department- I ran the Cowtown Half Marathon on Sunday in 2:07:52, which is a 9:45min/mile pace. I've never run that hard or that fast for that long. And I felt great. 
Communication: Still none, but I've been surrounded by so many friends and family that it's been easy to have my mind elsewhere. 
Something Fun You did This week: TEXAS! Everything about being here has been fun and wonderful. 
What are you looking forward to next week: Something really exciting that I can't talk about. 
What made you happy this week: Finally making a really tough decision about work, but feeling much happier since doing so. 
What made you sad/mad this week: Work. 
What do you miss this week: I miss Lyle. I miss calling Texas home. Only 8 more years! 
Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: None really. Been too busy to think about music or movies. 
Pictures from This week:


Friday Night in Ft Worth With Madison- I've known her almost my whole life and hadn't seen her since 2001.

Camp reunion! We've all been friends since at least 1996. They are "my people". 

Gorgeous sunset in Granbury. I can't wait to see these every night when we (eventually) move back. 

The FATTEST cat I have ever met. 

Trying to stay warm before the Half Marathon Sunday morning. It was 37! Too cold for me! 


Finished! Those space blankets are amazing! 

Sunday evening dinner at Granny's with Lyle's family. 


Cousin Frank is just too cute! I love his smile! 

Out to dinner with Ann & Johnny. 


No comments:

Post a Comment