Monday, February 18, 2013

Unsweet 16.


Deployment Recap: It’s that time again


Emotional: Drained.

Physical: Fabulous- ran my fastest race ever today- the Great Aloha Run- 8.15 miles in 1:17:09 for a pace of 9:28/mile. That’s over a minute faster per mile than last year and faster than I thought I was capable of running.

Communication: none.

Something Fun You did This week: The race today was fun. And I can’t think of much else fun lately.

What are you looking forward to next week: I fly to Texas this week, so I guess I’m looking forward to seeing friends, family, running another race and eating good food!

What made you happy this week: Sweet cards from Lyle.

What made you sad/mad this week: Work stress.

What do you miss this week: Celebrating holidays and birthday with Lyle. This deployment is sucking the fun out of every major holiday and event from Halloween until Summer.

Favorite song/show/movie of the moment: every song from the City and Colour. Thanks, Spotify for lots of great new music.

Pictures from This week: Race pics to come soon, here’s a few until then.


Captain Jack at the vet. He got a great health report! 

Pretty in Pink for Valentine's Day. And my nails are a hot mess. 

The lovely tulips from Lyle. 

My last day at Weight Watchers. I resigned my position as a Leader, but I'll still be a member for life! 

Gorgeous rainbow over the harbor on my walk home from the race today. 

All smiles at 5am, pre-race!  

No comments:

Post a Comment